Our CEO Alison Rowe appeared on Radio National’s Sunday Extra last weekend. Along with two other guests, Alison spoke about the Finkel Review of the National Energy Market.
The conversation covered many aspects of the Finkel Review, including:
- What the Review was actually set up to do
- The three critical elements that need to be balanced: security and reliability of the grid, lower emissions and rewarding customers.
- Ensuring an orderly and fair transition to sustainable energy
- The role of gas in the energy mix
- Supporting low-income households
The conversation also ranged over the recommended Clean Energy Target, certainty for energy investors and international energy issues.