As we approach the end of the year, it’s the perfect time to reflect on the amazing achievements in 2017. The list is long! Highlights include:
- Expanding our organisation to NSW through Our Energy Future.
- Commencing the EnergySmart program and another soon-to-be launched retrofit program for low-income households. These programs will see us improve the comfort and efficiency of 2,500 homes across Victoria.
- In partnership with Moreland City Council we are updating the Zero Carbon Evolution strategy for 2020 and designing the longer-term strategy for 2040.
- Moreland saw its first EUA (environmental upgrade agreement) at Otto and Spike.
- And our first Your Community Energy Project in partnership with Powershop at Milparinka was delivered.
At MEFL we have seen some people move on and many more new faces join us; today’s count is 40 wonderful MEFLers! We have gone through an office renovation (twice). We went to THRIVE and as a team reflected on where we have come from and where we are going as an organisation and team, and who could forget the amazing and at times eye-watering talent we experienced at ‘MEFL Idol’.
We have commenced the development of our new Strategic Plan, which I look forward to sharing with you in the new year.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the whole MEFL family for their amazing efforts. It’s our people, our partners and all of you, our supporters who make working at MEFL an absolute privilege.
Please enjoy the break, rest and have some fun. We will be back at it on 2 January and ready for 2018, which no doubt will be a cracker.