Positive Charge’s New South Wales program – Our Energy Future – is continuing to grow. We now have ten councils signed up to the service, with Waverley Council and Woollahra joining the team in July.
Services being offered through the councils include:
- Running energy related workshops, events or information sessions
- Running a specific campaign to help the community take action (such as a solar power or LED lighting campaign)
- Supporting local schools with energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Working with businesses and organisations to improve their environmental footprint and sharing this with their customers and community
- Free energy services provided to households and businesses, such as energy and sustainability assessments
Since launching Our Energy Future in June we have already assisted in the installation of around 40 solar panels on homes in NSW. We have spoken to hundreds of people over the phone and in person at events, to offer free expert advice on energy efficiency and installing solar. We are running a series of information sessions over the next few months and they are proving very popular!