Alison Rowe, MEFL’s CEO has been invited to speak on the opening Plenary Panel at the
All-Energy Australia 2017 conference this Wednesday.
Alison will be speaking alongside an ensemble of high calibre speakers, in a panel session facilitated by Rachel Watson, Chair of the Clean Energy Council. The panel will discuss “The next market disruption”, looking at the evolving energy landscape, its future players and the new market realities for the energy sector.
Largest clean energy event
On being involved in Australia’s largest clean energy event, Alison said, “The energy transition is now truly progressing, we are not just talking about it anymore. But it is an economic, social and environmental transition, and we need to balance all of these dimensions equally. I am excited to be at the All-Energy Australia Conference addressing this balance and to hear from other leaders in the field on their initiatives and pathways to a decentralised, sustainable energy market.”
Questions for the future
This session will bring industry players in the energy sector together to look at the major hurdles the industry faces over the next 5-10 years and assess how the industry is evolving to cater to these changes. They will be asking the questions:
- How the energy landscape is evolving and are we reacting fast enough?
- Where are the emerging opportunities in the market and how is this creating new players in the market?
- How might this continue to change as we approach 2025?
The other panellists are:
- Michael Benveniste, Head of Commercial & Strategy, Powershop
- Dan Sturrock, Transactions, Arena
- Jim Cox, Board Member, AER
- Frank Tudor, Managing Director, Horizon Power
- Ben Burge, Energy Executive Director, Telstra