Over the past year, MEFL has developed a robust HR capability as we have grown our organisational team to double its previous size in order to align with our new strategic plan. Our focus is to continue building a consistently high performing, skilled and flexible team and accordingly the opportunity has been created for an HR Coordinator to take the function of Human Resources to the next phase.
This very critical role will facilitate our team to lead the delivery of MEFL’s ambitious strategy. You will work with a passionate team of people, who are eager to drive innovation and accelerate the journey to an equitable zero carbon society. You will bring excellent generalist HR skills, with experience in facilitating staff and managers to achieve shared goals.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer in the Business Support Services team your team includes the functions of Finance, IT, and Legal.
This is currently a part time role of 22.8 hours per week, with room to expand to a fulltime capacity in the coming year. The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Building strong relationships with Managers to facilitate successful outcomes with their teams’ performance,
- Managing the recruitment, selection, induction, on-boarding and exiting lifecycles,
- Leading and continuing to develop the MEFL WH&S Management System and wellness initiative, and
- Maintaining and developing best practice HR policies, systems and practices to drive organisational success and meet compliance requirements.
Some of the key challenges and complexities of this role include working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as the sole HR practitioner where resources may be limited and so a ‘hands-on’ approach is often needed.
- Resilient and enjoys collaboratively working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is purpose-led, results-driven and community oriented
- Employs initiative to create new ideas, solve problems, and make decisions independently.
- Collaborates well with high performing teams in a matrix environment
- Builds rapport and develops effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Manages time effectively to enable smart prioritisation
- Communicates professionally delivering effective reports and presentations.
- Excellent written communications skills
- Excellent oral communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management, organised, well developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to the goals of the Moreland Energy Foundation
- General knowledge of progressive people management practices
- Understanding of smart administrative systems and Project Management principles
- Understanding of the Fair Work Act
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 3 years) as an HR Officer/Coordinator
- Strong experience in delivering outcomes across a range of HR and People management service areas
- Tertiary qualification preferably in HR Management or related field
- AHRI Certification
And now that you’ve identified whether this is the next gig in your career path or not, here’s the most important piece to support your competencies, knowledge, experience and qualifications …
Our Work Culture at MEFL
- We are all driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society
- We value the opportunities we have to work on innovative programs that help people and climate
- We are a highly capable, resilient, flexible, diverse and proud team who value everyone’s wellbeing
- We live by our values of innovation, honesty, respect, resilience, and teamwork
- We work collaboratively across diverse knowledge hubs to share and support each other and the organisation
- We enjoy very generous paid leave options for time-out in our Annual Leave, Personal Leave, Wellbeing Leave, Study Leave and TOIL offerings, as well as paid Parental Leave and Dental/Medical Appointment Leave
- We support the stresses that come with working and living in the 21st century via a Health & Wellbeing Program which includes a 24 hour Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We value the financial incentives on offer for sustainable commuting to work practices
- We offer a salary packaging service to take advantage of the additional financial benefits available as employees of a Not-For-Profit organisation
- Because we’re surrounded by people that see us, elevate us, and support us, we feel like anything is possible!
This is a Part-time Level 3 role on the MEFL Enterprise Agreement 2018 offering a competitive base salary.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a Cover Letter addressing the how your Competencies, Knowledge and Experience are suited to the requirements for this role.
How to apply
Email Ingrid Gregory, Organisational Capability Leader
For any further particular role-related enquiries please call our Melbourne office on (03) 9385 8585.