Spark! is over but…
Spark! is MEFL’s cornerstone event and was held on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 September.
We brought together some of Australia’s leaders and around 200 people for two days of presentations, discussions, questions, solutions… and a little fun along the way!
Feedback from participants was very positive, with most rating the conference as excellent and said they would attend again.
The Spark! streams across the two days covered a wide range of topics, from energy equity to community energy and Australia’s potential. The weather was on our side so we were able to serve lunch in the delightful surrounds of the local Siteworks garden, with room for entertainment from musicians and circus performers to really create a festival atmosphere.
If you see this icon at top left in a presentation,
click it to see speaker’s notes.
- Ed McManus, Powershop – The changing market
- John Thwaites – Mike Hill Oration
- Josh Byrne – Energy Positive Homes – From House to Precinct
- Simon Corbell – Designing for the Future – Renewable energy trends
- Alex Marks, Allume Energy – Unlocking Solar for the Multi-metered Market
- Alison Rowe, MEFL – Future state of the energy system
- Alix Pearce, Cities Power Partnership – Local Leadership
- Ben McGowan – Community Energy North East Victoria
- Daniel Zhang, DELWP – Energy Affordability
- Jane Burns – CERES
- Kathryn Skidmore, Moreland City Council – Cooling Communities
- Lucy Allinson, DHHS – EnergySmart Public Housing Research Project
- Matt Soeberg, Sustainability Victoria – Healthy Homes
- Nicky Ison, Community Power Agency – Community Energy
- Paul Murfitt, DELWP – Why Policy Matters
- Ralf Thesing, Macedon Ranges Sustainability Group
- Sandra Centofanti, Jemena – Demand response trial
- Trent McCarthy- Climate emergency
If you missed out on any of the streams, you can catch up on what was discussed with our summaries.
Thank you to our sponsors
Jemena and Powershop were our Platinum partners, with additional support from Moreland City Council and Bosch who came on board as Silver sponsors. Thank you to these key partners, who added a wealth of knowledge and experience to the event.